Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jesus is the Way!


Yesterday I had the opportunity to go with my new friend, Veronica, to visit her cousin overnight. Her cousin has just moved to Mexico City and was lonely because her husband was away all day while she was stuck in the apartment all by herself with two kids under the age of 2.

I agreed to go with Veronica, because I saw it as an opportunity to see more of the city as well as have some time hanging out with and getting to know my new friend. I didn't realize that I would be thanking God for being who He is, and allowing us the opportunity to be in a personal relationship with Him.

Veronica did not tell me before we left that her cousin and family were mormon. When she told me, I did not think much of it. I have friends who are mormon, and I like them, and what they believe does not really ever come up, so it really has never been much of an issue with me. We had a good time, but after yesterday and today, I am so thankful for what a wonderful God we serve.

God allows us to have a relationship with Him, our salvation is not based on works. There is nothing secretive or demanding about our faith. As we grow in our relationship with God, our love for Him grows and He shows us what to do and how to follow Him. We have leaders who help guide us and support us, but they do not tell us what to do based on some secret message or inspiration they recieved. Anything that is told to us is Biblically based, and we can read it and have God tell us Himself if it is right and we should do it. God is our authority, and He is who we follow.

I thank and praise God that He has allowed us this freedom to search and know Him, personally. That we are saved through faith, not by works. We are forgiven through Christ. He is the only way - but He is also the best way.

No comments: